BE SAFE THIS SUMMER SEASON
- People living in low-lying areas must take special care during storms, as sudden floods might affect them. People should monitor the rising water levels and evacuate the areas to a safer place or higher spot when the water level rises
- Do not cross through flooded roads or bridges- use other routes
- Avoid crossing low-lying bridges, streams and rivers
- Never try to walk, swim or drive in swift-swift-flowing water. Even if the water is 15 cm deep, it can sweep you off your feet.
- Motorist must be very careful and avoid driving through flooded areas.
- Drive and park at safer areas.
- The public must monitor weather alerts on radio and television