KZN MEC for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta) Nomusa Dube-Ncube will tomorrow, 9 May 2017, present to members of the KZN Legislature and the people of KZN her department’s Budget Policy Statement, for the 2017/2018 financial year.
Among the issues expected to come under spotlight are:
– Municipalities that are owed billions by big business, government departments and residents;
– Role to be played by municipalities in Radical Economic Transformation;
– Progress made in fighting corruption and new measures to prevent it;
– Aggressive plans to eradicate apartheid spatial planning;
– Progress made in the Back to Basics programme and an outline of its second phase;
– Plans to increase the number of municipalities getting clean audit outcomes;
– Targets to bring KZN closer to universal access to water, electricity and sanitation; and
– Strides made in restoring dignity of the institution of traditional leadership and the remuneration of izinduna.
The department’s 2017/2018 Budget will aim to revolutionise Cogta’s approach in the context of Radical Economic Transformation on a scale that has never been seen in KZN before.
Members of the media are invited to attend the Budget presentation, the details of which are as follows:
Date: 09 May 2017
Time: 09:30 AM
Venue: Provincial Legislature, Pietermaritzburg
Media enquiries: KZN Cogta spokespersons Lennox Mabaso, 082 884 2403; or Msawakhe Mayisela, 060 966 4220