- Purpose and Function of GIS Unit
To provide geospatial information support services to Departmental, Provincial and municipal projects.
- Development of web and mobile GIS systems with information dashboards to support COGTA’s internal and external functions (business-related information) to strengthen spatial decision-making of the Province and municipalities.
- Implement GIS programmes to support the functions of Spatial Planning and Land Use Management, Disaster Management, Traditional Land Management, Municipal Infrastructure and Assets, Local Economic Development and Community Service Centres through the provision of base and value-added datasets and mapping via an Integrated Land Information System.
- Improve municipal institutional GIS capacity through training programmes and establishment of systems (data sharing and municipal websites) to integrate Provincial and Municipal data and to promote data standardisation and sharing across the Province and;
- Provision of specialised GIS services to Departmental projects to improve spatial awareness and integration of Departmental data into the GIS environment.
- Integrated Land Information System (ILIS)
- GIS Map Viewer
- Story map
- Links to Standard maps
- Map request form
- Data list
4. CONTACT DETAILS
- 033 355 6591